Friday, November 5, 2010

Threeee.

Day 3. A picture and/or description of your favorite place in your world. And I’m not talking about like France or Greece. I’m talking somewhere you visit daily or atleast fairly often.

I didnt ponder this question for long, the answer came to mind almost instantly;
My room.

I spent so much time planning, and changing my room to make it the way it is now, which is perfect. I grew up afraid of living in the basement, and afraid of moving downstairs on my own. I finally came to terms with those fears, and moved my butt down stairs. It started out as just any old room, but over my high school years I have changed, and so has my room. I am imensly happy with what it is now. Weird to be so obsessed with a room, right? It's my sanctuary, and when I need somewhere to think and collect myself it's where I go. It's not just my bedroom, it's more than that. I'll document some of the changes that have taken place over the years.

You can ignore my crazy sister, and look behind her. My room started out like that 4 years ago. A tiny log twin bed. Ugly white walls and nasty gray carpet.

About a year after that I bought my dream bed from a friend for about 1/3 of the original price. Yet the walls and carpet remained the same; BLAH.
About a year later we painted the house, including my room. I painted it yellow and got the bedding you'll see in the last picture. I thought I was happy with my room. Until the fateful day that an old friend of mine put his head through my wall. We then found out I had water damage, and tore the wall out. His stepdad helped us patch it up. Because of that my room is now a dream.

After fixing the wall, I got to repaint. I chose my favorite color greeen. From there it was easy, I knew exactly what I wanted. Not going to lie, I'm weird. I'm 17 years old and my room has a theme. The theme? Black and white and green. For the most part I live by that theme, therefore making my room home.

I've spent countless hours cleaning, and changing all the intricate details, and I am perfectly happy with the way my room looks now. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment