Saturday, January 8, 2011

...

So yesterday I did a photoshoot with my friend Sierra, at the main library. It went fantasic and the pictures I got from that shoot were probably the best pictures I've taken in my life. I was so happy with the outcome of those pictures. I swear I've looked at them 30 times since last night. So when I got home I went straight to editing them. And lazy old me, I just save the edited version over the original one. Which for a photographer, is definetely a bad idea. [I need to stop doing that.] But anywho, I spent so much time on esch picture, I'd only gotten through about 30 of 260 we took, when I realized... SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH MY PHOTOSHOP/COMPUTER. Each picture I was saving was saving under the same file name. Instead of saving under Sierra.Library 032, or whatever number it was, they all were saving under just Sierra. So everytime I edited a new picture, it saved right over the previous picture that I just edited. When I figured that out I just about threw my computer at a wall. I was so frustrated. After all the hard work, and new editing I was trying, I couldnt believe that they were all gone. I still dont know why it was doing that. So after crying for about 10 minutes, and sulking for another 30 I decided to try again. My Photoshop was still doing the same thing after I restarted my computer, so each time I edited a new photo I had to sit there and type in the correct file name. Let me just tell you, when you do that 170 times you start to get reaaaaaallly annoyed. So by the end of this trial I came up with a new idea. I'm buying myself a new laptop, and a new version of Photoshop. Cus my version is old and not very good anyway. But hey, me getting a new computer will benefit my whole family. One: I'm paying for it, not my parents. Two: I will be able to wipe everything off of this computer, and give it to my sister. Three: we will be able to take my sisters desktop and put it downstairs for the 'rents to use. Cus the computer they have is slower than molases. It takes 30 minutes to turn on, not kidding.

Oh, but now I remember why I was telling that big long story. So I put all the pictures that I edited on to my S.McClurePhotography page, [http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/SMcClurePhotography/149054355147194]
and tagged Sierra. So all of her friends and family started looking at the pictures. Everyone loved them. Now her friends and family want photoshoots too. Meaning that I now have more paying clientel. Plus a bunch of my friends liked that link, and have in turn asked me for pictures. I'm so excited that my little hobbie is going to become something profitable, and that I'm going to be able to share my work with my friends.

I need to start coming up with new photoshoot ideas, and locations. Ahhh. If you have any ideas or recommendations, please share them! And also, please check out that Facebook page, and take a look at some of my work. :)

Here's a few of my favorites from the shoot.






No comments:

Post a Comment